Monday, March 29, 2010
January 16, 2008 - Furry Friends
When we first brought Mia home, she and Molly were far from BFFs. Molly was mostly curious about this new supposed (assumed?) playmate, and Mia was flat-out hostile towards the 80-pound monster that kept barking at her. The claws came out a lot (literally!), and there was much chasing around the house. For a few days, I'd worried that we'd made a monumental mistake. But within a week, things started to change. Molly and Mia started coexisting quite nicely and seemed to enjoy each other's company. There were a few moments where I'd come upon them lying next to each other or grooming each other. And then there was this. Who ever thought that we'd see this between them? Wow... At this point, I breathed a heavy sigh of relief and figured things would be OK. Interestingly, and as a side note, Mia's coloring has changed rather dramatically since those early days. These days, her back is much darker, with more black fur covering her. Funny... Either way, she's sure brought a lot of humor and enjoyment to our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment