Tuesday, March 30, 2010

August 24, 2003 - The Reward

The summer when Erin was 2 1/2 was a big one for her. It was the summer that we worked on getting her potty trained and out of diapers. She was in daycare, and I'll be honest... her daycare teachers did most of the work. But she took to it pretty quickly. Helping her along was the reward that we'd offered her: We told her when she no longer wore diapers during the day that we would repaint her room any color she wanted and she could get a "big girl bed" instead of the toddler bed she'd been sleeping in. It worked like a charm. By mid-August, she was no longer wearing diapers, and we'd picked out a beautiful new bedding set for her. We matched the paint colors to the bedding, and Jim set to work painting her room. It was a lovely shade of purple, and the dormers above the windows were painted a light green. We also bought her a pretty white daybed with a trundle (although it's not in this picture). Her new room was just beautiful, and Erin was very proud of it. I even have a video of her dancing around her newly painted room. In it, I ask why we painted it, and her answer (as she twirled around) was, "Because I wear panties!"

No comments:

Post a Comment