Tuesday, March 2, 2010
February 21, 2009 - Fast Friends
When people ask me about our move to California from New Jersey last year, one of the first questions they ask is, "How did Erin handle the move?" I'm beyond thrilled to answer that she really had no problems at all. Sure, she was sad about leaving her grandparents, friends, and school, but by the time we got in the car to drive here, she was more excited than anything else. When I picked her up on her very first day at her new school (which was the day after winter break), she came out beaming, walking with another girl. "Mommy, this is my new friend, Megan," she said. Day one, new friend. I can still feel my sigh of relief. Megan is now one of Erin's closest friends, and practically a member of our family. She and Erin have shared countless adventures together (like this trip to the San Diego Wild Animal Park), and I hope they'll remain friends for a good, long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment