Wednesday, January 27, 2010

April 6, 2009 - Friends are Forever


One of the hardest things for Erin about our move was leaving her friends in New Jersey. In fact, I think it may have been the hardest thing. In April 2009, during Erin's Spring Break, we flew back to Pennsylvania to visit my parents, and spent one day of the trip up in New Jersey seeing both my friends and hers. We made plans to meet some of her best buddies at the local Friendly's restaurant for ice cream, and as an added surprise, I even arranged for Erin's second grade teacher, Miss Sheppard (who Erin ADORED!), to make an unexpected appearance. For the girls, it was just like old times. They loved hearing Erin's stories about California, but for the most part, it was just like we'd never left. I was so happy for Erin, who enjoyed the afternoon immensely. It proved to her that no matter how much time or distance separated them, they'd always still be friends. 

1 comment: