Wednesday, April 28, 2010

June 2, 2002 - Great Swamp

I got my first digital camera almost a year before Erin was born, so pretty much all of the pictures I've taken of her were digital. I can literally count on one hand the number of rolls of film I've shot of her. This day was one of them, though. We'd gone for a walk with my Mom in the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge which was near our house in New Jersey, and for whatever reason, I'd decided to lug out my big SLR and load it up with film. Although the scans of the pictures are grainy, the photos themselves were wonderful - vibrant colors and great depth of field. It reminded me how much I liked using that camera. Not enough to give up my little digi-cam quite yet, though. That still took a few years (and one D-SLR later). But I do love looking at the pictures and remembering the day, with Erin looking for birds and other creatures. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment